"We adore Thee, O Christ, and we bless Thee; because by Thy holy Cross Thou hast redeemed the world."
- white person: says something
- SJW: reads into tiny portion of it out of context and begins to scream about them being some sort of -ist
- White person: tries to rationally explain said thing
- SJW: nope, you must be lying. Why because you're defending yourself. If you're defending yourself you're guilty. Nope.
- POC: says something racist, sexist, homophobic, ageist, and ableist in one sentence.
- White person: calls them out for it.
- SJW to white person: shut up your oppressive piece of shit! Quit trying to suppress the minorities!
Gun control is one way the state will set us free. It will set us free from violence, from crime, from fear of armed robbers breaking into our homes, from fear that one day we’ll hear that a loved one was killed in a shooting.
"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15."
Remember remember this in November.
That’s because they aren’t stupid and they know women are paid for what they work for.
"There are observable differences in the attributes of men and women that account for most of the wage gap. Statistical analysis that includes those variables has produced results that collectively account for between 65.1 and 76.4 percent of a raw gender wage gap of 20.4 percent, and thereby leave an adjusted gender wage gap that is between 4.8 and 7.1 percent. These variables include:
- A greater percentage of women than men tend to work part-time. Part-time work tends to pay less than full-time work.
- A greater percentage of women than men tend to leave the labor force for child birth, child care and elder care. Some of the wage gap is explained by the percentage of women who were not in the labor force during previous years, the age of women, and the number of children in the home.
- Women, especially working mothers, tend to value “family friendly” workplace policies more than men. Some of the wage gap is explained by industry and occupation, particularly, the percentage of women who work in the industry and occupation.
Research also suggests that differences not incorporated into the model due to data limitations may account for part of the remaining gap. Specifically, CONSAD’s model and much of the literature, including the Bureau of Labor Statistics Highlights of Women’s Earnings, focus on wages rather than total compensation. Research indicates that women may value non-wage benefits more than men do, and as a result prefer to take a greater portion of their compensation in the form of health insurance and other fringe benefits.
In principle, more of the raw wage gap could be explained by including some additional variables within a single comprehensive analysis that considers all of the factors simultaneously; however, such an analysis is not feasible to conduct with available data bases. Factors, such as work experience and job tenure, require data that describe the behavior of individual workers over extended time periods. The longitudinal data bases that contain such information include too few workers, however, to support adequate analysis of factors like occupation and industry. Cross-sectional data bases that include enough workers to enable analysis of factors like occupation and industry do not collect data on individual workers over long enough periods to support adequate analysis of factors like work experience and job tenure.
Although additional research in this area is clearly needed, this study leads to the unambiguous conclusion that the differences in the compensation of men and women are the result of a multitude of factors and that the raw wage gap should not be used as the basis to justify corrective action. Indeed, there may be nothing to correct. The differences in raw wages may be almost entirely the result of the individual choices being made by both male and female workers.”
"We are not obligated to be attracted to black people"
I am a racist bcause I do not have a black girlfriend.
For lord sake, this is annoying. I’m black and things like this make us look desperate. No one owes us anything. No one is entitled to anything. You can’t control someone’s attraction, it’s like saying it’s sexist for a gay man not to be attracted to women. Sexual and romantic attraction is not the same as respecting someone as a human being.
The Captain America/Puerto Rico pic AND Marvel’s majestic response